Join Our Team
Access Computer Training has some exciting opportunities for the right candidates. Please join our positive and growing team in helping others reach their career goals.
Job Title: Classroom Instructor – Computer Trainer
Access Computer Training is seeking a professional instructor to teach courses in Microsoft Office desktop, Office 365, QuickBooks, Windows, Google, Social Media and more in the classroom. The position for a classroom trainer entails being primarily engaged in, but not limited to teaching the above software programs. You will also assist in job placement related activities for our students such as mock interviews, resume building and seeking resources to assist students in searching for job opportunities.
Classroom Instructor’s duties would include but are not limited to:
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom instruction and interaction.
- Prepare materials and classroom for class activities (materials to be provided)
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and homework.
- Keep up to date on all curriculum and software used in the classroom
- Control class chatter and be able to work with and train all ages and all skill levels in the classroom
- Maintain proper flow throughout the class so that all curriculum is covered
- Know how to set up computer lab, projector, tv, screen and other devices in the classroom
- Be willing to take on new challenges, new students, new curriculum
- Take constructive criticism as well as join in discussions on how to improve our quality of training for a more positive student experience
- Assist students one on one
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injury and damage.
- Communicate effectively with students about procedures, resources, and expectations (See admissions policies and procedures)
- Provide career resources such as resume building & mock interviews
- Provide a list of job boards (i.e. websites and staffing agencies) for job searching
- Provide exceptional, comprehensive instruction without insignificant chatter
- Create a welcoming environment in an anxiety-free setting
- Provide opportunities to learn outside the classroom
- Include instructional materials to each student per class (will be provided)
- Offer online options as well as practice files for in-home practice
- Ensure cross-training
- Advocate effectively for resources
- Create effective partnerships on behalf of students
Tools used in this occupation:
- Multimedia projectors — Computer projectors; Multimedia projection equipment
- Televisions — Liquid crystal display LCD televisions; Television monitors
- Videoconferencing systems — Videoconferencing equipment
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Psychology — Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing student services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Active Listening — Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate, and not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Training and Teaching Others — Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates— Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Thinking Creatively— Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products.
- Assist students with special educational needs.
- Evaluate student work.
- Establish rules or policies governing student behavior.
- Related Experience – A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, and training hours is needed for this position.
- Education required
- High School Diploma
- Some college
- Microsoft Office Certified
- QuickBooks Certified
- On the job experience working in an office environment
- At least two years in a training position
Pay is equivalent to skills, experience and abilities. Company needs would require flexibility on hours however, hours per week would be approximately 20 maximum and 6 hours per week minimum subject to change.
All qualified candidates will be given proficiency tests and must pass at 90% or higher.
Hiree will be given a personality profile assessment to insure you can work with the multitude of students and varying personalities that come through the classroom each semester. Hiree will also incur a background check and drug test.
Job Title: Corporate Trainer
The corporate training position requires all of the expertise and skills sets described for our classroom trainers, but this candidate must be able to work confidently both in our classroom and on-site with the client. Corporate training classes can range from one-on-one training to 30 employees or more.
To apply to either of these open positions:
Please fill out the contact form below or mail your resume with references in Word format to:
No cover letter needed
No phone calls please
Access Computer Training is an equal opportunity employer. Our decisions are not based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or anything OTHER than you being our best candidate to fulfill the duties of this position.
855-9-LEARNIT ♣ 855-953-2764 <> www.accesscomputertraining.com